Friday, April 15, 2011

Blast from the past!

While recovering from a seasonal cold I found myself like always trolling Youtube for entertainment. Today I came accross what was labled as a world cup from Zurich in 1990. After the 3rd rider It clicked in that its actually the Marymoore velodrome from Seattle, Washington! The event was the 1990 Goodwill Games. Last year I won the 1000m TT event at the FSA Grand Prix on this very track. It was very cool to watch a race over 20 years old! The Winner of that race still holds the track's record for the Kilo in 1:04.722. The Canadian tony Ward rode a 1:07.88, I rode a 1:07.77 in 2010.

I definatly prefer bigger tracks for riding Kilos on. I'm not really sure why. On a 400meter track it gives you 2 and a half laps witch can be confusing when your mind is completly fogged with lactic acid and pain. This video really shows well what it looks like when the competitor "ties up" and starts to really deal with the painfull side of the Kilo.

Enjoy!

Jamie

No comments: